Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program

Acceptance of prior college courses is not guaranteed. All prior learning is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and credit is awarded at the sole discretion of Concorde Career College.

Bachelor’s completion degrees are open to students who have successfully completed an earned associate degree in an appropriate discipline from a regionally or nationally accredited institution. Students will receive a 60 credit “block transfer” for their associate degree, regardless of the actual length of their degree. Students will then complete an additional 60 credit hours in upper-division (300-400 level) coursework to earn the Baccalaureate completion degree.

General Education

Per Concorde accreditation standards, a bachelor’s degree must contain a minimum of 30 semester credit hours in General Education with a minimum of nine semester credits in specific disciplines. A student may be required to complete additional General Education courses in the following situations:

  • Associate degree being transferred in does not contain a minimum of 18 General Education credits and/or;
  • Associate degree being transferred in does not contain a minimum of three semester credits in each of the following disciplines: Written Communications, Oral Communications, Quantitative Mathematics

Transfer of Credit-Upper Division Courses

Effective: 10/14/2021

Students may be eligible to receive transfer credit for upper-division coursework. The general guidelines for transfer credit are as follows:

  • To be considered, prior college credit must have been completed with an equivalent passing grade of “C” or higher from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
  • No courses completed within the student’s earned associate degree may be transferred as upper-division coursework.
  • The student must request from his or her previous school(s) that official transcripts be mailed directly to the Concorde Registrar.
  • Official transcripts for review of transfer credits for previous education, military training, or the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) must be received at least one week prior to the start of their program of study. 
  • Credits earned in any combination of prior learning credit will not exceed 75 percent of the credits required for the completion degree.
  • Students must complete a majority (over 50 percent) of the major course requirements for their completion program, including the Capstone course, at Concorde Career College.
  • Students submitting courses to satisfy science or program major course requirements may be required to undergo additional departmental knowledge and skills testing to validate content currency.
  • All military training that has been reviewed by the American Council on Education (ACE) and meets the requirements of a student’s undergraduate degree plan may be eligible for transfer credit. Please note that only transcripts received directly from Army/ACE or Sailor/Marine will be accepted for official review.

Students interested in this option should send an official transcript of their training to the office of the Registrar. For information on how to request your military transcript, visit the following websites:

  • Community College of the Air Force
  • Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript Systems (AARTS)
  • United States Coast Guard
  • Navy College Program
  • Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)

Students must request a course-by-course evaluation of any foreign work or credentials. Transcripts from foreign institutions must meet the same requirements as domestic institutions and must be translated and evaluated by an approved foreign credential evaluator on a course-by-course basis.

The Academic Dean and Program Director will determine the acceptability of the courses for transfer based on the above policy. If skills or knowledge testing is required to validate currency, the tests will be scheduled with the student by the Program Director. Results of the tests will be submitted directly to the Academic Dean.