Healthcare Administration (BS)
The Bachelor of Science degree in Healthcare Administration is a degree completion program for graduates of associate degree programs in healthcare-related fields. Applicants wishing to enroll in the Respiratory Therapy emphasis program must possess an associate degree in Respiratory Therapy from a Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)-accredited program and a valid Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification. Enrolled students will receive block transfer credit of 60 semester credit hours and complete an additional 60 semester credit hours in the program.
The curriculum is designed to help students gain a strong foundation in the core disciplines of healthcare administration. The program prepares graduates to take an expanded professional leadership role, enhances interdisciplinary understanding and collaboration, and provides a base for continuing education at the graduate level. Students gain foundational knowledge and skills as well as learn overall concepts, values, research methods, and applications. This program is delivered completely through distance education.
The goal of the program is to enhance students’ leadership abilities in the healthcare field and to prepare them to pursue entry-level supervisory roles in healthcare organizations. Upon completion, graduates will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of principles and practice in health care regarding administration, management, law, economics, and policy.
- Demonstrate competency in research methods, critical thinking, and problem solving in healthcare settings.
- Apply principles of management needed to build and work in cross-functional teams and facilitate collaborative decision-making.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the forces impacting health delivery systems and the effective and efficient management of health care.
- Analyze the professional, ethical, and legal standards of healthcare administrative practice.
Respiratory Therapy Emphasis Courses*